Health Security and Policy Evaluation (HSPE)
What we are
Health Security and Policy Evaluation node aims to generate evidence/knowledge and strategic information including policy evaluation, and empower national/international partners at all levels in strengthening health system to achieve health system resilience
Our core principles
What we do
Scopes of our work on health security and policy evaluation includes: Health Security: the existence of strong resilient and sustainable public health systems that can minimize the danger and impact of acute public health events that endanger people’s health who ever or wherever they are.
• Acute public health events
• 1-3 years: pandemic, emerging/re-emerging infectious disease threats
• 4-5 years: may extend to other areas (environmental health, SDH)
Policy evaluation: a range of research methods to systematically investigate the effectiveness of policy interventions, implementation and processes, and to determine their merit, worth, or value in terms of improving the social and economic conditions of different stakeholders.
• Public Health Policies
• Health promotion policies (national level)
• Other public policies that affect health outcome and quality of life